Soundcheck is back even bigger for 2017!
This year Soundcheck for MAH is launched in association with Oscillate Recordings.
Musicians Against Homelessness (MAH) is a fantastic cause and Flick of the Finger is honoured to be an official partner along with Oscillate Recordings.
This year’s Soundcheck prize is mega and if you’re in a band and looking for studio time, gigs and the opportunity to get your music out there – then you’re in the right place. We’ve just started our Croudfunder campaign to fund the manufacturing of this years Vinyl Release with all sales for to MAH
This years prize worth over £4000 includes: (**Entry now closed**)
- A full day at Oscillate Recording laying down your unreleased track.
- A full day having the track produced, mixed & mastered by Chris Hughes (The LaFontaines, Courteeners).
- The winner will be chosen by Alan McGee of Creation Records (Oasis, Happy Mondays, Cast, Black Grape)
- Your recorded track will feature on ‘Soundcheck for MAH’ compilation which will be released on limited addition vinyl as well as on over 200 online sites including iTunes, amazon and spotify – all proceeds going to MAH.
- 12 month Subscription to The Unsigned Guide with 8700, UK industry contacts and year round industry opportunities. The essential guide for any band.
- Professional photo shoot and promotional images.
- A professional music video.
- Band interview by FOTF to be shared across all media platforms.
- A spot on the line up at ‘Soundcheck for MAH’ live gig in September 2017 – with donations to MAH
- Please ensure you read the full rules and guidelines here
Musicians Against Homelessness.
Supported by industry giants Alan McGee, Shaun Ryder, Rowetta, John Power, Happy Mondays, Jesus and Mary Chain, Buzzcocks and Black Grape
MAH twin aims are to raise funds for the homeless charities Crisis and to provide gig opportunities for up-and-coming bands. Read more about last years events and who’s involved. This is truly an amazing opportunity to make a difference. To apply to play, organise or host for MAH please visit MAH facebook for more information.
2016 Winners: The Calls
Last years winners The Calls, saw the band clinch the prize after some fierce competition and 100’s of entries.
Tom from The Calls said ‘It was ace to win the Flick of the Finger competition last year. To be chosen ahead of so many great bands was a big step forward for us as a band, and the day we spent recording was a fantastic experience. Jason, Chris and Shari were absolutely sound and really helped us move forward with their knowledge and advice, and we definitely want to stay involved with them in the future.’
The video for the recorded track ‘Doesn’t Feel Right’, shot and produced by FOTF’s very own Shari Denson has now reached over 26,000 views and has seen the band play many gigs since.
Flick of the Finger and Oscillate Recordings have been in partnership for many years in various projects and there is no other recording studio we would recommend enough.
Oscillate Recording was initially set up by Chris Hughes as Oscillate Studios in 2011. During this time he helped build and design a recording facility in Knutsford and one on Hilton Street in the Norther Quarter part of Manchester. Read more